英文學習 10-1


10-1-1 單字練習

dizzy adj. 暈眩的
I felt dizzy when I stood up quickly.

headache n. 頭痛
Tina had a headache after studying for three hours.

sore throat n. 喉嚨痛
Dad doesn't feel well; he has a sore throat.

fever n. 發燒
My little brother took a day off because of a fever.

runny nose n. 流鼻水
My sister and I both have a runny nose.

sneeze v. 打噴嚏
Angel couldn't stop sneezing when she cleaned her room.

cough v. 咳嗽
Cover your mouth when you cough.

flu n. 流行性感冒
Mike has the flu, so he can't go to school.


10-1-2 對話練習

Narrator:
In the doctor's office

Doctor:
What's wrong with you today, Mr. White?

Mr. White:
Doctor, I feel very sick today.

Mr. White:
I am not only dizzy but also very tired.

Mr. White:
I have a headache and a sore throat.

Mr. White:
I think I have a fever.

Doctor:
Do you have a runny nose?

Mr. White:
Yes. And I sneeze a lot.

Mr. White:
I am not only sneezing but also coughing.

Doctor:
You probably have the flu.

Doctor:
I'll give you some medicine.

Doctor:
You should not only drink lots of water but also get some rest.

Doctor:
Don't worry. You will be fine in a few days.

10-2-1 單字練習

vomit v. 嘔吐
Nina vomited when she had the flu.

diarrhea n. 腹瀉
The seafood I ate last night made me have diarrhea.

serious adj. 嚴重的
Susan's headache became serious.

stomachache n. 胃痛
Josh ate too much; now he has a stomachache.

Japanese adj. 日本的
My parents like to eat Japanese food.

sushi n. 壽司
I had sushi for dinner last night.

sashimi n. 生魚片
Fresh sashimi tastes great.


10-2-2 對話練習

Narrator:
In the doctor's office

Doctor:
How are you today?

Janet:
I vomited this morning.

Janet:
Last night, I had not only diarrhea but also a serious stomachache.

Doctor:
What did you eat yesterday?

Janet:
I went to a Japanese restaurant with my friends.

Janet:
I ate not only sushi but also sashimi.

Janet:
What's wrong with me?

Doctor:
Maybe the sashimi wasn't very fresh.

Doctor:
Just take some medicine and drink a lot of water.

Doctor:
And don't go to that restaurant again!


10-3 文法 GRAMMR

Her brother is not only handsome but also hardworking.

The girls are not only students but also dancers.

The sashimi is not only fresh but also delicious.


10-4 閱讀練習 Reading

Chocolate - Not Just a Dessert!

Did you know that chocolate is not only tasty but also good for you? Chocolate was discovered around 1500 B.C., and people have used it as a medicine ever since.

Thousands of years ago, people in the Americas used cocoa beans to make a medicine drink. It was like hot chocolate, but it didn't have any sugar. They used it for fevers, coughs, and stomachaches. When the first European explorers came to the Americas, they were sick from their long trip. The Indians gave them hot chocolate to make them feel better. The explorers loved the drink, so they took cocoa beans back to their countries. "Try this," they said. "It's great!" everyone agreed.

In the 1700s, people started adding milk to hot chocolate. The queen of England's doctor made a special drink for her. Later, he sold his recipe, and people used his idea to make chocolate candy. What a great idea!

Modern doctors still think that chocolate can be good for you, but only have one or two pieces at a time. Today, chocolate has a lot of sugar, so eating too much chocolate can make you feel sick. Isn't that strange?

沒有留言:

張貼留言